Going green is not as hard as you think it is. Start today with these simple tips:
- 1. Switch off and unplug all your electrical appliances when not in use.
- 2. Go Paperless. Opt for online viewing of your bills and statements. Going paperless not only saves the trees, it also eliminates the fossil fuel needed to get all those billing envelopes to you.
- 3. Print those documents on both sides, it is only a click of button to do this, however, you save a piece of paper with every click.
- 4. Make a trip to the library instead of buying new books.
- 5. Take your own reusable coffee mug each time you go get coffee. Think of all the paper cups you'll prevent from ending up in landfills.
- 6. Replace toxic home cleaners with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. Lemons are also great for cleaning!
- 7. Recycling goes far beyond bottles and cans. So much stuff can be recycled! Think twice before you toss something in the regular garbage bin.
- 8. Upgrade appliances and electronics with Energy Star certified equipment. Both at home and at work, including copiers, printers, computers and accessories.
- 9. Shop with reusable bags. Keep one in your bag or near you so that you will not forget it during your shopping trip.
- 10. Try using a web conference to replace in-person meetings that require air travel whenever possible.